Thursday, May 21, 2009

If only she knew


Life is a gift. A precious jewel meant to be cherished, to be loved. And although at times life is hard and the obstacles we face seem too great to overcome, we still live. And we live with passion.

My grandma is perfect in every way. She's beautiful, kind, loving; she carries hope for the good in life. And if it weren't for her baby hairs growing in after almost two years of chemo treatments, you would never know she was sick. Even on her worst days, her eyes could light up the room, and my soul.

She inspires me everyday to live life a little fuller, to make sure to see the great in everything brought my way. She truly pushes me to be a better person. And when I visit her, it's hard to hold back tears, because even though she's smiling, it's her happiness that makes me sad. How could someone with such a beautiful soul have to hurt so much? What did she do to deserve this? How is it fair?

But life isn't always fair. If it were, we would all get our way with no pain or suffering. Without pain, there is no love. And love is one thing I know she will always have.

I hope she knows how many people care about her. All the people that love her. A crazy but caring husband, who would do anything to take her pain away. Three children who hate to see their mom suffer. Grandchildren who cherish the memories we've had, and still have yet to make with her. And me. She makes my life a better one, more than she could ever realize. And for that, I will thank her forever.

1 comment:

  1. She is a great intspriration, definitely one to be admired...

    ReplyDelete